Ah, the sweet, sweet sound of AP English being beaten back... back to the evil collegiate-level hell from which it came. Okay, maybe I have yet to fully conquer this madness, but... I've at least started reasoning with it. And it's stopped slapping me at the end of every sentence. This is a good thing! ::sigh:: Oh, research paper rough draft, how sad you make me. Why must I cite these horrid criticism... things? And what's wrong with doing a bibliography the good old-fashioned way: author, title (underlined), place published, publisher, date? It wasn't always this way. Man, research paper rought draft... what happened to us?
Ah yes, and college things. I'm still working on my essays for Reed, which - I must say - seem more intimidating than any other project I have ever undertaken... mainly because I want to be accepted there so badly, I think. I've been told - by someone who knows far more about this than I... let's call him "Dad" - that I need to just drink some tea, sit down, and write. If only he knew... tea makes me pee like the dickens, and it's difficult to concentrate when you've really got to go.
So I've had my little rant break, back to work I go. Time to vengefully kick some MLA ass. Take that for killing my weekend! And you there! NO LOAFING!
Until next time, see you on the other side.
Sunday, December 01, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment