Thursday, June 13, 2002

^Aloha all you happy campers! (Oh Jen, I am sorry that I have abandoned you in your time of need. I hope that someday you will be able to forgive me for not taking summer school again this year. Although with such shenanigans going on, I kind of wished I had waited a year to take civics with you...wait, no I don't)


^I apologize for the lack of postings. Mother somehow managed to load a virus onto our computer while browsing through some old corrupt disks. Yeah, that sort of kills the fun when you can turn your computer on and complete all tasks, but you just can't see anything because your monitor is suffering from a severe case of monitorial insanity. I have crawled back humbly to my original companions in pen and paper. They have welcomed me back with open arms. It is somehow comforting to know that I have something to fall back on when technology gets shot to hell.


^So what has happened in the last few days? I don't know. You would think that I would be aware of what has been going on in my life wouldn't you? Yeah, you and your simple minds. Well I hate to be the one to inform you but I don't. Everything just seems to run together in one giant blurb....perhaps of ganja smoke Jen? But I thought we had overcome that evil... I should've known...


^We had Threads training down in Old Navy Land last night. It's a formal interactive class to reteach all the employees the benefits of Seamless Service - which is basically telling us we should bend to the evil wills of our customers on a daily basis. Worshipping the evil empire is good. The Four threads of Seamless Service are KNOWLEDGEABLE, FRIENDLY, HELPFUL, and QUICK. These are things we should aspire to be. But the customers need to earn their threads if you ask me. I mean, when the same 6 people come in to shoplift and then one time they get into a physical altercation in the parking lot and beat the shit out of each other, I don't really want to be KNOWLEDGEABLE, FRIENDLY, HELPFUL, or QUICK to them. In fact, I would like to condemn them to have my job working with people as silly fucking stupid as they are, for the rest of eternity.


^OOOh, one piece of interesting news. Everyone's favorite principal, Linda, will not be returning to MIllard North next year. There are many rumors that abound. One is that she was offered a fabulous job in the central admin office and had to leave her position. The other is that they kicked her ass to the curb and in order to maintain employment she had to take the leftover job that no one else wanted. Most people have raised up a joyful noise in response to this news. Personally, I had no problem with Linda. She's always been very nice to me... she very well could be a kind soul...of course I am one of about 7 black kids that go to the school and so it's probably in the best interest of the school to be hospitable to me. For if I leave, they will be even farther below their diversification quota. To lay all of your fears to rest, neither Dorothy or Chuck will be moving up into the vacated spot. Once again, I don't have any bad feelings towards Farr...but I must admit that I am not exactly the founder of "Students For Chuck Story" fan club. But you can understand my reasons for this. Anyway, they're looking at hiring at retired OPS administrator to serve while an in-depth search is conducted. He will serve as Supreme Commander of the Millard North Galaxy. Should be interesting. We'll have to see if he can score 500,000 points to be crowned the Supreme Ruler.


^In other news, just as we all suspected, I have grown to love the reporting job at Kiwibox as I love the sight of Matt Gall coming in my direction as if to strike up a conversation. I have more or less just stopped sending them articles. Well, I haven't written anything for them since the one article about Special Friends Prom. I don't know if they ever posted it or not. I don't even care at this point. Going to that website makes me grievously saddended with regard to the future of America. *Note: Jen, your little conversation snippit also gives me great indigestion. Is that where the country is headed? Well then I'm moving to Canada. Or at least Hawaii...* I just kept going to the website to try and find some sort of redeeming value...and I failed. I failed miserably. I AM SO SORRY THAT I EVER VENTURED INTO THAT CORNER OF THE WORLD. I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON.


^Summer is shaping up to be pretty damn boring. I think it's just the genetic makeup of the people in our group. No one ever really plans anything. And when some of us are actually able to get out of our pajamas and perhaps shower and make ourselves presentable...sort of...we can't think of anything to do.This will hopefully get a bit better once Party Central (Aka Sam's basement) is finished later this month. Also, her Frenchie should get here in July, so that should shake things up. But until then, I am doomed to parties that consist of ______________ (see how there's nothing there?). And when there actually is something, it turns out to be all wrong.
Peter had some festivities the past evening to celebrate his birthday. We went to Applebee's for dinner and then to his apartment to swim. At Applebee's the service sucked ballsac. For starters, they could only seat half of us, and by half they meant all but 4 people. So the rest of us are chilling out and enjoying some drinks and the other girls, whom Jen and I termed Micronesia, were sat two table away. The people that occupied the table next to ours (where Micronesia would have been) were done. Very done. And they sat there and talked...about nothing...about the pros and cons of diversifying pet food. I wanted them to leave. When they finally did pick up to head out something just pulled them back. They stood there talking of their desegregated pet foods. I wanted them to die. Or at least leave. Well anyway, they left and Micronesia never did come over. Jerks thought they were too good for us. Our main waitress was great. It was a Friday night and we were a large group and she handled us so well. I was impressed. But that damn mananger that they had helping out was well...a waste of a brain if I do say so myself. I had to ask her four separate times for a refil on my tea and she forgot each time to have them make it. She is somewhere wasting my oxygen. But I digress. My only other complaint from Applebee's was that I got my appetizer at the same time as my meal. That makes no sense to me. I ordered an appetizer so that we could have it before dinner. Isn't that why they call it an appetizer? Or did they change that definition and not tell me. Dammit, I hate it when that happens. The appetizer was mozzarella sticks. I spilled marinara on my shirt. Sometimes I just wish the sperm had hit a different egg.
Moving on, we were all ready for some good times at Peter's pool right? Wrong. The pool was freezing. It was a little bit like packing yourself in ice to prevent swelling...only it was your whole body and not just one small spot. And since I'm not really one for getting my hair wet too often, I thought I'd take a relzxing dip in the hot tub. That's what I do right? I'm the resident hot-tubber. The hot-tub was in all likelihood, one degree warmer than the pool. But one would say that I had a choice to get out of the hot tub. This is true...but the air just above the water made you so much damn colder that it was the lesser of two evils to just stay in. Damn Catch-22. After about an hour, we vacated our little igloo and took our chances out on the land. But that gave me a chance to finish the pasta that was a leftover casualty of Applebee's quick service.
SO, as you can see, that little experience was a prelude to what our summer will probably be. This makes me...ambivalent. I look around me...and I can only wonder. I think what I'm feeling now is called apathy. I am sitting here at David's house, posting, while he and Makyle play some version of Tekken...I think David is the small but fortified and fiesty woman, and Makyle is the giant panda bear. This is my life kids. Welcome to it. Can I take your coat?

That is all...thank you.

No comments: