^Aloha...You think you know, but you have no idea. This is the diary of Taria's trip to Vanderbilt.
................DAY 2................................................................
^ I started the day out by skipping my third VU activity. During registration we signed up to visit classes: one for 9:10-10:00 and one from 10:10-11:00. I wanted to go to Music Theory II at 9:10 and a freshman seminar on the credibility of theatre at 10:10. MT II is in Blair which is about a 20 minute walk from Vandy Barnard (my dorm) and the seminar was in Neely which about a 2 minute walk from Vandy. SOOO I figured that I couldn't make the walk from Blair to Neely in 10 minutes and I hate to leave things early or get there late...so I just stayed in until time for the lecture, which turned out not to be a lecture at all but a really cool class. We talked about the difficulties of casting. Then we took a look at a two page play by Beckitt (crazy ish) and then came up with a directing concept. It was a good time.
I
^ Next up was the student panel and lunch. This means that we all sat in a hall and ate mediocre food and asked questions to the students- some we really shouldn't have - and they answered - some really shouldn't have. But I did meet Aaron. He's from Hobbs, NM...he is so nice and so smart and so sweet and so HOT. I have spending a great deal of time with him. I also met Courtney. She is from Alabama. She has an accent like you wouldn't believe, but she's a sweetie so I forgive her.
^Next was the dean's chat for the various schools and the group meetings based on interest. This was where my plans for college were completely crapped on. OK, I'll start from the beginning. The way a double major works here is that you have one "home" school where you have you first choice major and then you have your second school with your second major. They are not equal. You must pick one over the other. I was planning to have things equal. No dice. Anyway, from talking to the Blair (school of music) I realized that I want the vocal to be my first and A&S (arts and sciences - theatre) to be my second. Cool, right? Nope. I applied to A&S as 1 and Blair as 2, so now I have to switch that around. After my Blair session I forgot that the Humanities group session wasn't meeting until 3:15 and went to the room at 2:15..the pre-business meeting was at 2:15. But I didn't realize that until about 2:45. So this guy has been talking about the joys of economics and I love economics. And since everything happens for a reason now I'm wondering if I wandered into this meeting for a reason and should have my second major be economics instead of theatre. But if I do that then there is about no chance that I could study theatre in graduate school. I need that undergraduate degree..AHHAHHHAHJAHHAHAHIOdh;ewfja;djcakljnJIKJAJKLDSFJKLAJSDFJDFKSCLSD...that is how I felt. I don't know what I will do about this.
^I skipped my fourth VU activity. But I had every intention of going. There was a pajama party at The House last night and Sharon (one of the CBFs) and her prospectives wanted some cute pajamas, and since Leah had a car..well...we ended up going to Target and spending over an hour there. I kept mentioning that we weren't going to make it back...but they insisted we would. The Banquet started at 6:00...we got back to campus at 7:30. Needless to say I did not go.I hate going to things late remember? This one should be ruled as not my fault.
^I skipped my fifth VU activity. They had a thing called VU live where several acts of students from the school showed off something apparently very cool. It started at 7:30 and was kind of a stroll in stroll out as you please deal. I left my room at 8:00 to head down to Langford (which is about 15 minutes away) but then I was hit with a sudden wave of laziness when I got to the first floor. I got my book of crossword puzzles, my discman, some snacks from the vending machine and staked my claim on one of the oak study rooms they have downstairs. Hey, I was enjoying myself.
^We went over to Branscomb (the dorm where you hang out before you all go to a party together) at 11:00 and went up to Char's room (yeah, another Char...also one of the CBFs). We were going to go to PF Chang's (there's one down the street) but we thought it was closed so we just chilled in Char's room. The floor that she lives on smells funny in some places. Her roommate likes Vodka...a lot...I have pictures. I also encountered some very very drunk girls on their way to go get some breakfast. I was thinking about taking their picture but they kept falling down...Anyway, Char is really slow getting ready so we didn't get to the party until 12:30. On the way out we stopped by Alli's (CBF) room and met a couple of guys. Char took 3 shots: one vodka, two jell-o. We proceeded onwards. There was a rule that girls could only wear 4 articles of clothing but I didn't think they would really check. They did...very carefully. Don't worry, I didn't do anything. Well, the party was lame. It was great for the people that were dry humping, those who were drinking, and those who we "littering, and uh.." but for the rest of us...well, I danced for a while but then gave up and me and Alicia from Brooklyn (airport group) decided to leave. Only Leah locked her room and left the key in Char's room, which was also locked. After hunting them down I stole Char's key and Alicia and I went back to Branscomb.When the elevator got there these 3 guys got off and one was told us to be careful and that he'd had a little accident. He said he was kidding...but when we got on there was this putrid looking pond in the middle of the elevator that looked like a mix of beer and milk. There was a milk carton on the floor next to an open beer can. It's college, go figure. When we got to Char's floor we were greeted with the remains of an omelet splattered on the floor. I think that was a present from the drunk girls. I got my stuff and we proceeded to walk back in the direction of our dorms (she was in Peabody which is about 15 minutes from Branscomb). We got to ride in the clean elevator and when we got off we were greeted by A COUPLE OF GUYS QUOTING SUPER TROOPERS! When I acknowledged I knew what they were talking about they seemed very very impressed. So you see, everyone should watch that movie on a regular basis.
Now it's about a 10 minute walk from Branscomb to Vandy and about 7 minutes into that walk I realized that I forgot to get the key to Leah's room. Back to Branscomb. Back to the strange elevator. We passed the Super Trooper Boys again and pondered over whether or not liter was really French for "give me my goddamn drink."
^ I made it back..I talked to Jen online, tried to subliminally influence her to break up with Colin...I went to bed. End of day 2.
^That is all...thank you.
Saturday, March 15, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment