^Aloha...you know it's disillusioning the way life works out. I was in semi-zombie "leave me alone people or I'll eat your brain" mode all weekend while I was in Hastings, and now that I'm home my stupid stupid overachieving brain won't shut up. Actually, I was in a very spicy mood this weekend. Thank goodness there were chaperones...RAR.
^So did anyone else notice how the sky cracked and leaked everywhere? (Which, I might add, could have waited and come on a day when we had school.) On the drive home from Hastings today I counted twelve vehicular miscalculations. People tried to pick a fight with nature and nature won...by a lot. I have to say, I don't appreciate all this snow business. It's a nuisance that only serves to add undue stress to my life and maybe lessen the sting of drought. But drought is the least of Taria's worries. On the list of "1 Google of Thinks (yes thinks) That Plague Taria's Mind," drought is down there with unironed blouses and massive attack on the world's supply of ash trays - which, mind you, is still higher than fear of the return of shag carpeting.
^ Speaking of Hastings, that was in fact this weekend. The past three days were a great lot of fun and though I hate to brag (or do I?) I think our host family was the best of all. Hell, they got us junk food and chocolate for Valentine's Day and we got to break into their house when they weren't home last night. Now, how many times will I get to have an experience like that? So far...twice.
^ But really, Hastings was a good time - except for the part where they told us the interstate had all but gone to Hell and our parents couldn't get through and we were going to have to spend another night in the semi-backwards odd-smelling unclean cave that is Hastings, NE for another night. I made aquaintances with some very very nice people this weekend. Those of you who know me pretty well can decipher that to mean that there were two guys who sat behind me who I would have loved to do terribly horribly wonderful things with...All in all, it was a great experience from which I returned having learned, grown, and retrieved 4 phone numbers, 6 emails and a lot of pleasant dreams.
^Hot damn, I think I can actually HEAR it snowing again. sigh.
^That is all...thank you.
Sunday, February 16, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment