^Aloha...::slap:: Quiet, you fool!
^Wow, I'm still all giddy and stupid right now. I'm twitterpated Kristin...there's no use trying to fight it. You know what that means, don't you? I will slowly but surely lose all ability to form comprehensive thoughts and my posts will, over time, degenerate from cohesive thoughts to their equivalent in song lyrics. Hmmm...I might as well start right now. mightn't I?
Heaven bent to take my hand
And lead me through the fire -
Be the long awaited answer
To a long and painful fight.
Truth be told, I tried my best -
But somehwere along the way
I got caught up in all there was to offer.
And the price was so much more than I could bear.
Though I've tried, I've fallen -
I have sunk so low,
I've messed up...
Better I should know.
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so.
We all begin with good intent,
And love was raw and young.
We believed that we could change ourselves -
The past could be undone.
But we carry on our backs the burden
Time always reveals
In the lonely light of morning,
In the wound that would not heal.
It's the bitter taste of losing everything I held so dear
I've fallen -
I have sunk so low,
I messed up...
Better I should know.
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so.
Heaven bent to take my hand
Nowhere left to turn.
I'm lost to those I thought were friends -
To everyone I know.
Oh, they turned their heads, embarrassed,
Pretend that they don't see
That it's one misstep and slip before you know it.
And there doesn't seem a way to be redeemed.
Though I've tried, I've fallen -
I have sunk so low,
I've messed up...
Better I should know.
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so.
Thursday, November 20, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment