Sunday, May 12, 2002

Blast, it has been awhile. Happy Mother's Day for you mothers out there. Whoever you may be (and if you are - why, oh why - are you reading this?)... I gave my mother a card and a promise to buy her purple flowers, which she told me she needed to "brighten up" the front porch. I looked around at Baker's yesterday, but they didn't have any hanging plants, and the ones at Ace Hardware looked like they'd been watered with... well... something with which one should not water flowers. Like urine... or bacon fat. I promised Mom I'd continue my search when it wasn't so miserable-feeling outside and all the flowers would be in generally better moods. And just so you know, I was not being a neglectful child in waiting until the last minute - she told me all week that she was "still thinking about just the right gift" for this year. And she told me yesterday. That's mom.

I was just looking over Taria's last couple of posts, and I took note of something... Kiwibox? If the "why, oh why" belongs anywhere in this post, then it most certainly belongs there. Forget that Mother's Day nonsense. Taria - KIWIBOX? I think we both used to frequent that site, if only to mock the lines of post dedicated to "why my mom makes me mad" and "that cute guy in my first hour class looked at me today."

.reasons with herself.

Well... I haven't been back there in awhile, so I'll give you the credit that it might have changed for the slightly more acceptable. But that's not a lot of credit, and I intend to visit the site just as soon as I'm done with this to check on its progress into... Quite honestly, as I remember it, it didn't seem like it *wanted* to progress anywhere. It seemed perfectly happy with where it was: a site designed "for teens by teens." A painfully shallow site designed "for teens by teens." But you are now a reporter for this Kiwi institution, and I congratulate you. If any of you work goes up on the site, I will visit and partake in its glory. BUT ONLY BECAUSE IT'S YOU.

see you on the 7th hour side of Monday...

No comments: